Saturday, July 5, 2014

Stampede styling

The Calgary stampede kicked off yesterday. The Stampede has a special place in my heart as it was my first official outing and total immersion in Calgary when I moved here. I moved to Calgary a week before the Stampede that year.

One thing that stands out during the Stampede is the fashion, conservative office folks leave their suits at home and put on their best western duds. Even the police wear  Stetsons during the 10 days of the greatest show on earth.

Given that I am originally from the east cost ( like they call it here in Calgary), I don't feel myself going full on western stylewise. So for this year's Stampede, I turned to some of my favorite blogs to gather inspiration, here is what I came up with.

The following images are from the blogs, Kendi Everyday, Simply Cyn , Moiology, My Little Secrets and My Small Wardrobe .

The Canadian tuxedo is an obvious classic and Old navy is a great spot to find all shades of Chambray shirts. The trick to a good Canadian tuxedo is to wear different shades like Sasha from Moiology does very well. 



Rompers are common during the summer and to add a western feel to them would be to do it in denim. Again Old navy has this great denim romper here or a denim dress as rompers can be annoying when nature calls.

Some other clever ways to do denim

Now I know the dress that Cynthia from Simply cyn  has on in the picture above is not denim but I think doing the denim look works.

A gingham dress is a unique way to go as well. I am also inspired by this leather mini with a plaid shirt. A great way to kick it up a notch with the plaid shirt.



With these inspirations and more I feel ready to do Stampede this year.

Yeehaw!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment