Sunday, June 8, 2014

Banana pecan chocolate chip muffin

One of my favourite past times is cooking.  Believe it or not, I enjoy reading recipes, watching them too on youtube/tv and then trying to make them. One of my favourite websites for recipes is allrecipes.  I was even more excited to find out about their youtube channel and stumbled across this recipe for Banana muffin.



I love this recipe as it is simple, easy and there are lots of suggestions on allrecipes on how  to spice it up. And spice it up I did, I followed the recipes exactly with a few additional. I added a teaspoon of cinnamon to the dry ingredients and a dash of vanilla extract to the wet ingredients. I also added a 1/2 cup of chocolate chops and a 1/2 cup of chopped pecans ( you could use walnuts).

Lastly, I am very conscious of the amount of sugar I take in so instead of a 3/4 cups of sugar it was more like 2/4 cups and a dash. 

With all that additions and subtraction ( the sugar), it turned out great that I have made these muffins 4 times! Here is what my muffins looked like.




They taste delicious as well that I have been snacking on this and might I say, it has been helping with my sweet tooth.








No comments:

Post a Comment